By Mayo Clinic Employees
Stone-ground cornmeal is a superior supply of vitamins, together with fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Amount of servings
- 1 cup all-objective flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unwanted fat-cost-free milk
- 4 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh new or cream-fashion corn
- 1/2 environmentally friendly bell pepper, chopped
Warmth the oven to 400 F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a large bowl, incorporate the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to blend evenly.
In a individual bowl, merge the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and eco-friendly pepper. Include to the flour mixture and blend just until finally moistened but however slightly lumpy.
Divide the mixture amongst the 12 muffin liners. Bake 20 minutes or until eventually muffins are mild brown.
Nutritional investigation for each serving
Serving dimensions: 1 muffin
- Total excess fat 5 g
- Calories 168
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Whole carbohydrate 26 g
- Nutritional fiber 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat 2 g
- Saturated fats 1 g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans body fat g
- Added sugars 4 g
- Total sugars 7 g
- Grains and grain products and solutions 2
- Fat and oils 1
Aug. 10, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foodstuff Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Academic Sequence 2001:165.