THURSDAY, Sept. 24, 2020 (HealthDay News) — A Massachusetts gentleman died from taking in far too considerably black licorice, medical practitioners say.
The fifty four-calendar year-previous development worker ate a bag and 50 percent each working day for a handful of months, which led to an imbalance in his body’s nutrients that triggered his coronary heart to end, according to the situation study in the New England Journal of Drugs, the Affiliated Press noted.
“Even a tiny amount of money of licorice you consume can maximize your blood tension a minimal little bit,” stated Dr. Neel Butala, a cardiologist at Massachusetts Common Hospital who was involved in the situation.
Black licorice consists of glycyrrhizic acid, which can result in dangerously reduced ranges of potassium and imbalances in other minerals termed electrolytes, the AP noted.
Consuming just 2 ounces of black licorice a working day for two months could result in a coronary heart rhythm difficulty, specially for people today older than forty, according to the U.S. Food items and Drug Administration.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.