Red Blood Cell (RBC) Indices: MedlinePlus Medical Test2 min read
What do the results signify?
You will get effects for every of the indices. Abnormal results may well contain one particular or additional of the next:
Signify corpuscular quantity (MCV)
If your crimson blood cells are smaller than usual, it may well necessarily mean you have:
- Iron deficiency anemia, the most common type of anemia. It takes place when you never have enough iron in your body.
- Thalassemia, an inherited condition that can trigger extreme anemia
If your red blood cells are greater than normal, it may possibly indicate you have:
Imply corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH)
If the volume of hemoglobin is reduced than typical, it may perhaps necessarily mean you have:
If the quantity of hemoglobin is higher than ordinary, it may perhaps signify you have:
- Substantial stage of cholesterol in the blood
- Anemia brought on by a vitamin B deficiency
Imply corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC)
If the ordinary volume of hemoglobin is reduced than typical, it may possibly suggest you have:
- Iron deficiency anemia
If the ordinary volume of hemoglobin is greater than typical, it may well necessarily mean you have:
- Hemolytic anemia, a form of anemia that transpires when pink blood cells are damaged up in the blood stream
- Hereditary spherocytosis, a exceptional genetic ailment that results in anemia and gallstones
Red mobile distribution width (RDW)
If your results were regular, it signifies your pink blood cells are regular in dimension and are all about the exact dimensions. If your outcomes ended up not typical, it suggests there are differences in the measurement of your pink blood cells. This measurement is not enough to make a prognosis, so RDW outcomes are typically blended with the success of other indices and other blood tests. The mix of results can enable ensure a analysis.
If you have thoughts about your outcomes, chat to your wellbeing treatment service provider.
Discover additional about laboratory assessments, references ranges, knowledge success.