A small hemoglobin rely is a generally found blood exam final result. Hemoglobin (Hb or Hgb) is a protein in pink blood cells that carries oxygen all over the body.
A small hemoglobin rely is usually described as a lot less than 13.5 grams of hemoglobin per deciliter (a hundred thirty five grams per liter) of blood for adult males and a lot less than twelve grams per deciliter (one hundred twenty grams per liter) for women of all ages. In young children, the definition varies with age and intercourse. The threshold differs a little from one particular clinical exercise to a further.
In numerous cases, a small hemoglobin rely which is only a little reduced than standard isn’t going to impact how you sense. A small hemoglobin rely which is additional extreme and causes signs may possibly indicate you have anemia.Sept. 22, 2020
- Hemoglobin. Lab Assessments On-line. https://labtestsonline.org/assessments/hemoglobin. Accessed March six, 2020.
- McPherson RA, et al. Erythrocytic problems. In: Henry’s Medical Prognosis and Administration by Laboratory Techniques. 23rd ed. Elsevier Inc. 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March six, 2020.
- Leung LLK. Approach to the grownup with anemia. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/research. Accessed March six, 2020.
- Lower pink blood cell counts (anemia). American Most cancers Culture. https://www.most cancers.org/remedy/solutions-and-side-effects/actual physical-side-effects/small-blood-counts/anemia.html. Accessed March six, 2020.
- Donors deferred for small hemoglobin. American Pink Cross. https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/blood-donation-process/prior to-during-after/iron-blood-donation/donors-deferred-forlowhemoglobin.html. Accessed March twenty, 2020.