Numbness in a single or both fingers describes a loss of feeling or experience in your hand or fingers. Often, you may knowledge numbness in palms together with other adjustments, these as a pins-and-needles sensation, burning or tingling. Your arm, hand or fingers may perhaps sense clumsy or weak.
Numbness can take place along a one nerve in 1 hand, or it could arise symmetrically in the two hands.
June 12, 2021
- Numbness. Merck Handbook Experienced Model. https://www.merckmanuals.com/qualified/neurologic-diseases/indications-of-neurologic-conditions/numbness#. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Stroke: Hope as a result of research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Affected individual-Caregiver-Instruction/Hope-By means of-Study/Stroke-Hope-Through-Exploration. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Indicators and indications of grownup mind and spinal twine tumors. American Most cancers Culture. https://www.most cancers.org/most cancers/brain-spinal-cord-tumors-older people/detection-prognosis-staging/signs-and-signs and symptoms.html. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- De Keyser F. Ganglion cysts of the wrist and hand. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/research. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Raynaud’s sickness. Nationwide Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/wellbeing/well being-subjects/subjects/raynaud/. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Numbness. Nationwide Numerous Sclerosis Society. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Indicators-Diagnosis/MS-Indications/Numbness. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Neuropathy (nerve harm). American Diabetic issues Association. http://www.diabetic issues.org/residing-with-diabetes/complications/neuropathy/. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Stabler SP. Vitamin B12 deficiency. New England Journal of Medication. 2013 doi: 10.1056/NEJMcp1113996.
- Cervical spondylosis (arthritis of the neck). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/illnesses–problems/cervical-spondylosis-arthritis-of-the-neck. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Ganglion (cyst) of the wrist. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–situations/ganglion-cyst-of-the-wrist-and-hand. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Syrinx of the spinal cord or mind stem. Merck Guide Qualified Edition. https://www.merckmanuals.com/experienced/neurologic-ailments/spinal-wire-disorders/syrinx-of-the-spinal-wire-or-brain-stem. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Brachial plexus injuries facts webpage. Countrywide Institute of Neurological Ailments and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/problems/brachial_plexus/brachial_plexus.htm. Accessed April 19, 2021.
- Daroff RB, et al. Diseases of the peripheral nerves. In: Bradley’s and Daroff’s Neurology in Scientific Exercise. 8th ed. Saunders Elsevier 2022. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2021.
- Briemberg HR, et al. Method to the patient with sensory reduction. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/research. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Levin K. Cervical spondylitic myelopathy. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/research. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Vriesendorp FJ. Guillain-Barré syndrome in grownups: Medical features and analysis. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/lookup. Accessed April 20, 2021.
- Baer AN. Medical manifestations of Sjögren’s syndrome: Extraglandular illness. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/lookup. Accessed April 19, 2021.
- Bowden JL, et al. The prevalence and magnitude of impaired cutaneous feeling across the hand in the serious period of time submit-stroke. PLoS A single. 2014 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0104153. eCollection 2014.
- Ferri FF. Frostbite. In: Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2021. Elsevier 2021. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2021.