(BPRW) Local community Therapeutic Days 2021 TO Concentration ON Emotional REPARATIONS FOR BLACK People today
(Black PR Wire) NEW HAVEN, CT — Neighborhood Healing Network has introduced the routine for the once-a-year observance of Local community Therapeutic Times, coming up this weekend, Oct 15-17. This year’s theme is: The Scenario for Psychological Reparations. Launched in 2006 and endorsed by the late Dr. Maya Angelou, the celebration of Group Therapeutic Times is intended to “put time for healing” at the top rated of the Black community’s agenda—healing, as Dr. Angelou mentioned, “from the lies we’ve been advised and the types we have informed ourselves.”
Neighborhood Therapeutic Days is 1 of a range of techniques created by CHN to mobilize Black folks across the African Diaspora to heal from, and extinguish, the lie that Black individuals are inferior. “That lie,” mentioned CHN Founder and President Enola G. Aird, “is the most powerful weapon ever fashioned versus us, the root induce of the distinct issues we encounter as a men and women, and the biggest criminal offense against our humanity. Unless and right until we absolutely free ourselves and our youngsters from this lie, our lives will carry on to be devalued and we will go on to be dehumanized.”
The 3-working day Community Therapeutic Times 2021 virtual celebration will aspect:
1. On Friday, October 15, 1:00-2:30 pm, Japanese time, Black Scholars Producing the Case for Emotional Reparations. Panelists will include things like: Dr. Jameta Barlow, George Washington College Dr. Huberta Jackson-Lowman, Florida A & M College Dr. Onaje Muid, Male Co-Chair of N’COBRA’s Health Commission and Dr. Raymond Winbush, Morgan Condition College. They will focus on the psychological problems triggered by the lie and what we can—and must—do to mend it
2. On Saturday, Oct 16, 1:00-2:00 pm, Jap time, An Hour of Psychological Refreshment with Dr. Jameta Barlow and
3. On Sunday, Oct 17, 3:00-4:30 pm, Japanese time, the presentation of the 2021 Neighborhood Healer Awards. This year’s honorees are:
• Rev. Odell Montgomery Cooper, creator of Interruptions, a tale about turning suffering into function
• Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Chair of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference
• Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
• Dr. Wizdom Powell, Director of the Health and fitness Equity Institute at the University of Connecticut
• Rev. Dr. Robert Turner, Pastor of Historic Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and reparations activist
• The 2021 National Group Healer Award–N’COBRA: The Countrywide Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America—Male Co-Chair Kamm Howard, and Woman Co-Chair Queenmother Mashariki Jywanza
• The 2021 International Neighborhood Healer Award–Her Excellency Ambassador Arikana Chihombori-Quao, M.D., previous Ambassador of the African Union to the United States, and Founder and President of the African Diaspora Enhancement Institute (ADDI).
# # #
Group Therapeutic Community is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit business concentrated solely on mobilizing Black persons across the African Diaspora to heal from, and close, the trauma brought about by the lie of White superiority and Black inferiority—told generations back to justify the enslavement of Africans and the exploitation of Africa. CHN’s close to term goal is to make 2020 to 2030 the Ten years to Embrace the Reality of Black Humanity.
For more facts, be sure to stop by https://conta.cc/3v2PrAl
Push Make contact with:
Nia Campinha-Bacote, CHN Local community Manager, [email protected]
The material and thoughts expressed in this press launch are individuals of the creator(s) and/or represented companies, and are not always shared by Black PR Wire. The creator(s) and/or represented organizations are exclusively liable for the facts and the precision of the articles of this Press launch. Black PR Wire reserves the suitable to reject a push launch if, in the watch of Black PR Wire, the information of the launch is unsuitable for distribution.