Evening leg cramps, also termed nocturnal leg cramps, are distressing, involuntary contractions or spasms of muscle groups in your legs, normally transpiring when you might be in mattress. Evening leg cramps typically contain your calf muscle tissues, though muscular tissues in your toes or thighs may possibly cramp as very well. Forcefully stretching the contracted muscle relieves the agony.Dec. 09, 2020
- Winkelman JW. Nocturnal leg cramps. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 28, 2015.
- Monderer RS, et al. Nocturnal leg cramps. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 201010:53.
- Allen RE, et al. Nocturnal leg cramps. American Relatives Doctor. 201286:350.
- Wilkinson JM (specialist opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 1, 2015.
- Garrison SR, et al. Nocturnal leg cramps and prescription use that precedes them. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2012172:120.